How often must a car that is older than five years undergo inspection today?
A car that is older than five years is to be inspected no later than 14 months after the month of the most recent inspection.
Cars and light trucks are to be inspected:
- For the first time, no later than 36 months after the month in which the vehicle was first licenced for use.
- For the second time, no later than 24 months after the month of the first inspection.
- Thereafter, no later than 14 months after the month of the most recent inspection.
- A car that was first licenced for use in May 2019 must undergo its first inspection no later than May 31, 2022.
- A car that underwent its first inspection in September 2020 must undergo its second inspection no later than September 30, 2022.
- A car that is to be inspected every 14 months, and which was most recently inspected in June 2021, must be inspected again no later than August 31, 2022.