There are many different traffic rules, road signs and road markings that regulate who has the duty to give way.
These are the most common situations when you must give way:
- When another vehicle is approaching from the right and nothing else regulates the duty to give way.
- After the following road signs: Give way, Stop and Priority for oncoming vehicles.
- When entering apriority road.
- When crossing an unsupervised pedestrian crossing or an unsupervised cycle crossing.
- When exiting a place where the exit rule applies.
- When entering a roundabout.