You have your 10-year-old car inspected in November 2021. When must it be inspected the next time?
As the car is older than 60 months is has to be inspected every 14 months. In this case that means that the next time the car has to be inspected is no later than January 31, 2023.
Cars and light trucks are to be inspected:
- For the first time, no later than 36 months after the month in which the vehicle was first licenced for use.
- For the second time, no later than 24 months after the month of the first inspection.
- Thereafter, no later than 14 months after the month of the most recent inspection.
- A car that was first licenced for use in May 2019 must undergo its first inspection no later than May 31, 2022.
- A car that underwent its first inspection in September 2020 must undergo its second inspection no later than September 30, 2022.
- A car that is to be inspected every 14 months, and which was most recently inspected in June 2021, must be inspected again no later than August 31, 2022.