Wearing a seat belt and wearing it correctly is the most important protection in the event of an accident.
When fastening a seat belt, consider the following:
- The seat belt should sit as close to the body and be as tight as possible.
- The seat belt should be worn inside a jacket if you are wearing one.
- The shoulder strap should run close to the neck, over the chest and skeletal parts. The lap belt should be as far down towards the hip as possible.
- Pregnant women should tighten the belt so that the lap belt sits under the belly down towards the thighs.
- The seat belt must not be twisted.