Become a member
Log in
Prov Tests Prov
The Licence Game
The Road Signs Game
Licence theory
The road to your licence
Road signs
Find a traffic school
Gift vouchers

Common theory questions

What is included in a full comprehensive insurance?

If you take out full comprehensive insurance you receive traffic insurance, partial casco insurance and vehicle damage insurance. Full comprehensive insurance gives you the best protection and covers most car damages, regardless of the cause.

Traffic insurance is compulsory for all vehicles that are licenced for use. It covers many of the costs that may arise after an accident, such as personal injuries to drivers, passengers and others, damage to vehicles that you have collided with, and damage to property such as lamp posts and traffic devices. Traffic insurance, however, does not cover damage to your car.

Partial casco insurance is a collective term for a variety of insurance policies that increase your protection. Inclusions vary between different insurance companies but usually cover:

  • Breakdowns
  • Glass repairs
  • Theft and damage resulting from theft
  • Legal expenses
  • Fire damage
  • Roadside assistance and recovery

Vehicle damage insurance provides compensation for road-traffic accident damages, even if you are at fault, or if no other driver was at fault. For example, you are still covered if you drive off the road or collide with a deer.

You also receive compensation for salvage costs and vandalism, for example if someone breaks a window on your car.