Become a member
Log in
Prov Tests Prov
The Licence Game
The Road Signs Game
Licence theory
The road to your licence
Road signs
Find a traffic school
Gift vouchers

Common theory questions

What is included in a partial insurance?

If you take out partial insurance you receive both traffic insurance and partial casco insurance.

Traffic insurance is compulsory for all vehicles that are licenced for use. It covers many of the costs that may arise after an accident, such as personal injuries to drivers, passengers and others, damage to vehicles that you have collided with, and damage to property such as lamp posts and traffic devices. Traffic insurance, however, does not cover damage to your car.

Partial casco insurance is a collective term for a variety of insurance policies that increase your protection. Inclusions vary between different insurance companies but usually cover:

  • Breakdowns
  • Glass repairs
  • Theft and damage resulting from theft
  • Legal expenses
  • Fire damage
  • Roadside assistance and recovery