You are waiting a red light. What should you do if a police officer signals for you to keep driving?
If you are waiting a red light and police officer signals for you to keep driving, you should keep driving as a police officer's signal has the highest priority.
If you are driving and encounter several instructions at the same time, the following order of priority applies:
- Police officer's signal
- Traffic signals (light and sound signals)
- Road signs
- General traffic rules (for example the priority to the right-rule)
It is called "police officer's signal", but the following occupational groups also have the authority to direct traffic:
- Vehicle inspectors
- Escorts for wide, long and heavy loads
- Customs officials
- Traffic wardens (parking officers)
- Road workers with a red flag
- Other persons appointed by an authority to direct traffic